Tuesday, December 8, 2009

The Unforseen....or was it?


I was totally captured while first viewing the film, The Unforseen. Although I have been coming to Austin since the early 1990's (older sister at UT-Austin), I was actually shocked to find out that there is so much discontent with the ways Austin is being built up. To be perfectly honest, I can't see how much would be different if Austin and its residents wish to be such a popular, growing city. The natural progression of man is to build bigger and better things, which is totally evident in Austin's increased real estate.
It is slightly shocking that this plan could potentially harm one of the city's most well-known and most beloved attractions though. Yet the overall land-development in Austin has perhaps gone too quickly, there has been much gained in these developments. A good deal amount more of money is coming into Austin with it's increased population and an ample amount of jobs were created. Although the physical-aesthetics of the downtown Austin area might be lost, but what Austin has gained back is so much more.

1 comment:

  1. After listening to everyone's comments in class, I am just totally dumbfounded that people are so against Austin urbanization. It is inevitable! People must realize that for Austin to grow and prosper, idustrialization and urbantization of the town must take place. It is just man's inherent nature.

    ReplyDelete